Friday, April 25, 2008

Microwave me.

I am leaving to go for my shower in IL tomorrow. I can't wait to see all my family. I miss them sooooo much.

I tanned for the first time in awhile today. I know it probably makes no sense, but lying inside of the tanning bed is very soothing to me. Soothing poison, I suppose. I love how you can automatically tell a difference. I am already a half of a shade darker than I was before. It just makes me smile really big for some reason. I like immediate results. That's why I've never been good at dieting. I also bought a corset thingy, and it made my dress have a nicer shape, so now I won't have to get it altered. Yay! I had to have Barbera help me zip it up, and she has about 15 Bible study girls over for a sleepover. Barbera told me to go downstairs with it on, and they all oohed and awed over me like I was some model. It was really flattering. A strong, secure end to a weak, insecure day.

I tried on bathing suits today. I hate that. No, loathe that. It's like taking every insecurity I have and putting it inside of fabric. I didn't really find one I liked. It was depressing.

Wesley and I took a sun-soaked nap in his backyard on a quilt. It was lovely. Nothing is better than being able to lay down and take a nap with someone you love. We usually nap on the couch, quite accidentally at times while watching a movie, and that is usually the place where I get the best sleep. But now I think a nap on a blanket in the sun is just as good :)

I can't wait for this all to be over. Internship. Papers. Graduation. Wedding planning. Wedding day.

I guess it's those immediate results that I'm craving.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bathing suit shopping Is the worst--no one looks good in wet-latex

Anonymous said...

oh i understand this entirely. i've been searching for a cute bathingsuit and i just hate trying them on. and staring in those mirrors in the crappy dressing rooms underneath the florescent lighting. ick.

and i know what you mean about being ready to be done. i think i'll feel generally better about life after graduation. one less thing to worry about. you know? all the stress of school is overflowing into wedding planning. and i don't like that. i can't wait till school is over so i can enjoy planning the wedding again!

have fun at your shower!