Friday, April 11, 2008

The journey is my home.

Home is the one place in all this world where hearts are sure of each other. It is the place of confidence. It is the place where we tear off that mask of guarded and suspicious coldness which the world forces us to wear in self-defense, and where we pour out the unreserved communications of full and confiding hearts. It is the spot where expressions of tenderness gush out without any sensation of awkwardness and without any dread of ridicule. ~Frederick W. Robertson

725 Rushmeade Street. Apartment A.

[I may have to change this later if I find out I got the numbers wrong]

It's not the typical model home of most Union marrieds. But it is a home.
It is a duplex; the other end shared by a sweet, quiet hispanic couple I hope to practice my Spanish with. It has a huge backyard with plenty of room for half a dozen hammocks.
It is directly behind the Columns, so walking to Books-a-Million on sunny days will become a regular adventure.
We can have any pets we like, and as long as we perform upkeep, there is no fee for pets.
There is no deposit.
Two bedrooms, one itty bitty bathroom.
New carpet. New paint. Big windows.
If we earn enough money to buy a house before the 12 month lease is up, as long as we buy it from the realtor, we can break the lease with no fees.
It is $400/month + utilities.

God is SO good. Even though it's not something I would have originally wanted, He has provided us with a place that is not only affordable, but lovely, in its own unique way. I still can't fathom how we will have a two-bedroom house for only
$400/month, with no deposit! That will definitely leave us to build up our savings in no time!

I am ridiculously giddy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm really happy for you about the place.