Saturday, April 26, 2008

If you didn't find me, I would have found you.




I walked into my aunt's house to find a literal shower of presents. It was so overwhelming. Everything was decorated so wonderfully, and it just made me feel so great inside. To know that so many people were supporting this huge decision in my life, and for those people to be close family whom I value the opinion of...it brought tears to my eyes.

At some point during the day, I looked over to find Wesley holding my nephew, looking at him in the eyes and talking to him. It occured to me that he had spent the majority of the day with my nephew. He held him, pushed him on the swing, played soccer with him, etc. And then I started thinking about how when Wesley comes around, everyone is SO happy to see him. He really does brighten up a room. Everyone hugs him, not in the flyby hug, but in the Spruell "You are a part of this family" hug. All of my younger counsins love him because he will play with them for hours, and they always ask about him.

I realized that he is so much like me when it comes to children. My cousins are the same way about me. They always ask when I'm coming to visit. This is because I've spent hours playing with them in the past. He is going to be my partner in this. That also makes me tear up.

Often times I will look over at him, and in a dose of reality moment, I will find myself where I am, and I will praise God. He is everything I never knew I always wanted. I never was necessarily attracted to guys that liked to play sports, yet because he does, I have grown to enjoy them. I didn't particularly like Christian rap music before, but now have grown to appreciate it. The list goes on. He was a surprise that I didn't expect in the slightest. And although it hasn't been fairtaled throughout our whole relationship...it's becoming that way now. Sure, he gets on my nerves, he makes mistakes, and he's not perfect...but he is everything I could ever possibly want in a man. My happiness is really finding itself in a real-life fairytale setting. And although I know that will fade with time, I also feel that no matter what, there will always be a hint of it. I feel like we're going to be the type of people that look over at eachother 50 years from now and still feel butterflies. I know of people like that. I have prayed for a relationship like that.

I sometimes feel like God has protected me because I didn't have an earthly father. I know my father would have loved Wesley just like my family does. He has allowed me to get hurt because of wrong actions, but He has always chosen to bless me through it all. It's a miracle I even found Wesley, and a miracle that he found me.

Think about that as you pray for the person you love. You are two miracles tied together. Your paths did not cross by chance. God loved you enough to give you that person. The one that "gets" you. I never really had that before. I had little specks of it, but never did I have someone completely get me. Wesley does.

This isn't so much a "let's brag about Wesley and make everyone gag" post. It's more of a charge for you to really think long and hard about what God has blessed you with in the person He gave you. He loved you enough to not keep you alone on this earth. He loved you enough to give you someone that you fit perfectly with. I pray you praise Him everyday for this, and that anytime you find yourself in disunion with the person, you remember what a blessing and miracle they are.

//song of solomon 2:16//

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is such a wonderful post. the closer the wedding gets the more i realize how extremely lucky i am to have caleb. to be in love with him. for him to love me. and all so completely. i cannot wait to be married to him- to devote my life to loving and serving him as his wife.

i love it when you said wesley "gets" you. that's exactly the right word for it. i am so happy for you both! i am so glad that you found each other! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.